Sign in to follow this  
Jaspreet

Deleted Account from a Social networking

Deleting your account from a social networking website is new and is an added feature which can let you concentrate on your work, studies or life because we tend to waste time and sometimes it misleads our life seeing pretty faces and things on Facebook or Insta but majority are photo shopped. I deleted my account on whats app as it was quite annoying at a point.

Account deletion does not mean they deleted your references and the personal info. They say they do it but we all know how much worst facebook has become that it is forcing us with mental manipulation to choose the candidate for election etc. Left wing has been doing such manipulation with facebook in it for years. 

I don't think social networks can be a great influence in our daily activities if we manage our time well. It reaches a certain point innlife whereby you'll have to drop some of the things and concentrate on the most beneficial ones. I remember not using Facebook for almost 6 months because I was concentrating on this specific project that required a lot of concentration. Deleting isn't the best way out.

11 hours ago, Jaspreet said:

Deleting your account from a social networking website is new and is an added feature which can let you concentrate on your work, studies or life because we tend to waste time and sometimes it misleads our life seeing pretty faces and things on Facebook or Insta but majority are photo shopped. I deleted my account on whats app as it was quite annoying at a point.

Why have you said deleting isn't the best way out? Anything happened to make you think so? I never think of deleting mine because it is useful to me but I do hear people threatening to delete theirs and say their lives are messed up because of it.

36 minutes ago, Tioga said:

Why have you said deleting isn't the best way out? Anything happened to make you think so? I never think of deleting mine because it is useful to me but I do hear people threatening to delete theirs and say their lives are messed up because of it.

Because facebook and companies who spy on you don't let you delete the data. it's been proven by the cambrige analytica case that facebook continues to keep your data and deleting it just does not work like it is meant to as well. So that's one reason many folks prefer to avoid or give fake info to social networks.

10 hours ago, skysnap said:

Because facebook and companies who spy on you don't let you delete the data. it's been proven by the cambrige analytica case that facebook continues to keep your data and deleting it just does not work like it is meant to as well. So that's one reason many folks prefer to avoid or give fake info to social networks.

This is very much true. And I have heard that Facebook messenger is equally lethal. It knows what you are talking with your friends. Some experts claim that it can even hear and analyze what you are talking to others. That is why in high level corporate meetings use of mobile phones is strictly prohibited. 

I have deactivated my Facebook account before now but if you want to delete it it's a really complicated procedure. I looked into it once and they certainly don't make it easy and as @skysnap says they continue to keep your data so you can never really be free of them.

So far I haven't tried to delete any account from social media sites since I don't have any problems with it rather, I am always updating it since I am using it for my online earnings as well. 

I deleted my old Reddit account and created a new one because I think I posted too much personal information on that account with my username visibly revealing who I am to future employers and relationships. I don't recall ever deleting my Facebook account, but I have deactivated it several times because it's just not my type of thing. There are many sites that index your personal info from social media onto their site and try to sell the personal info that really matters, like the Spokeo people search website.

There is option to delete and recover the account anytime again and it will be same as you left it few months ago but its hardly effective because deletion of account means deletion and not temporary deletion.

Never deleted any account as i am very careful with my shared details in the online world. If I don't want to use it then I just slowed down in using. I think that is better than deletion.

For me I haven't seen the need to delete my account on any social media.i like all the platforms that I'm on. So till I see the need to delete anyone I wouldn't delete any.

On 10/21/2019 at 11:51 AM, Jaspreet said:

I am not using whats app, but I am using facebook and twitter. But I am not spending to much time on these sites. My activities is limited up to liking some post of my friends. 

I deleted my account years back and i haven't signed up again. I use Twitter just to raise complaint for some services i use else i am not with any other social service.

That's what really worries me  - the fact that deleting your account doesn't really mean it's gone forever and there's no trace of it anywhere. It's like we're being watched by Big Brother all the time and that sometimes makes me feel exposed, vulnerable.

10 hours ago, Jaspreet said:

There is option to delete and recover the account anytime again and it will be same as you left it few months ago but its hardly effective because deletion of account means deletion and not temporary deletion.

There can be an option to delete the account permanently and for that you need to contact Facebook support and request them for permanent deletion of account. 

On 10/24/2019 at 6:57 PM, Jason said:

I deleted my account years back and i haven't signed up again. I use Twitter just to raise complaint for some services i use else i am not with any other social service.

Twitter to raise complaints. How is this possible or are there websites which takes complaints only on twitter like many do on Facebook? 

Sign in to follow this