Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Vehlijanta

Opening A One stop shop

Recommended Posts

I have a dream to have a business of my own and what's better to have a one stop shop which includes almost all things where buyers can enter and purchase every household things including stationary for kids and even clothes. It requires a bigger investment and will require large space at prime location and work force requirements. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nature

There are some issues with going one stop shop. 

1. You have to keep log of inventory. 

2. You need people to maange

3. You need accounting daily

4. You need contacts for supplies

5. You need location where this can actually sell more. 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks too good to be tried but then you really need a big investment which even people like Ambani were unable to and even they face issues related to exhaust stock or bulk stock and to manage a big store you need number of employees and that's a lot of financial burden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jaspreet said:

This looks too good to be tried but then you really need a big investment which even people like Ambani were unable to and even they face issues related to exhaust stock or bulk stock and to manage a big store you need number of employees and that's a lot of financial burden.

Not that much like Ambani but you do need people and the infrastructure to that of level of ambani. One stop shop and malls are not easy thing. If you want such big shops you have to spend on location and inventory. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, skysnap said:

Not that much like Ambani but you do need people and the infrastructure to that of level of ambani. One stop shop and malls are not easy thing. If you want such big shops you have to spend on location and inventory. 

It requires a lot of money and if you are to start from scratch then it will take a lot of paper work as your funds won't be much and need to take financial assistance and these things take more time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jaspreet said:

It requires a lot of money and if you are to start from scratch then it will take a lot of paper work as your funds won't be much and need to take financial assistance and these things take more time.

I think shop here in question is not Reliance Mart but local one stop shop mart. You can see it can be done on small space but not so small space if you want to cover bigger mall like items. It does take more time and also need paperwork and people. So yeah but it is doable. Big bazaars kishor biyani was single person doing all the things but later he hired people. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Such a project would call for a multi storey set up. The initial investment is huge and requires a lot of detailed planning and market study.  
 

Even after establishment runnkng this kind of big project and seeking returns isn't easy. The monthly expenses and maintenance fees would also be high. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having a one stop shop is also one of my dreams but it really cost a bigger amount of investment and we will need to face a lot challenges before we can make a good return from it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is very good awesome business but requires one to have a lot of cash for the investment. In my country getting a shop around the CBD is very hard and expensive too and I bet this is the same case with other countries too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've also toyed about that but like some people say, it's a mammoth task and it would also require A LOT OF money. I got the idea from TK Maxx or TJ Maxx for our US friends. You can literally get most things at a TK Maxx and I love that but sadly don't have the capital. I once did enquire with one of the stores and the staff told me the chain is very open to enquiries regarding buying into the chain. Maybe one day I'll be the one to bring the store to Botswana LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2019 at 8:08 PM, amitkokiladitya said:

Such a project would call for a multi storey set up. The initial investment is huge and requires a lot of detailed planning and market study.  
 

Even after establishment runnkng this kind of big project and seeking returns isn't easy. The monthly expenses and maintenance fees would also be high. 

These type of projects are seen from big businessmen only and they are actually able to utilize funds from the market easily and even from banks but normal persons will feel it impossible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's good to have such kind of business but like you've said it would require a lot of capital. You must also be very hands on in this kind of business. So, why not start small and focus on a few items? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a kind of business that requires immense capital and management.Such a huge project requires tremendous labour and dedication.After going through that, it is possible to see profit.Such project is not in my mind in my near future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...